Missing Mizzou student's bank card found along riverfront

Bank Card of Missing Mizzou Student Discovered Along Riverfront

We’ve turned the calendar back to the mid-60s. Thank you for that update. It’s been almost a week since Riley Strain, a senior at the University of Missouri, disappeared without a trace in Nashville. His hometown of Springfield, Missouri, is holding onto hope for his safe return. Last night, the community came together for a candlelight vigil to support Riley’s family during this difficult time. Riley was last seen wandering around downtown Nashville on Friday night after being asked to leave a bar. Since then, there has been no sign of him. His family and friends are understandably worried but are thankful for the overwhelming support they’ve received. It’s heartwarming to see so many people come together, sharing and hoping for Riley’s return. It shows how much love and care is out there, from friends and family to even acquaintances. Everyone is doing their part to help find Riley and support his family here in Springfield. Riley’s parents have been in Nashville for several days, searching for their son. They’ve mentioned that the authorities are searching the river, but so far, there have been no updates.

In a significant development, the Nashville police have found a bank card belonging to Riley Strain, the University of Missouri student who has been missing for over a week. Riley, a 22-year-old senior, vanished while out with friends in downtown Nashville. He was in the city for a fraternity conference and was last seen being escorted out of Luke’s 32 Bridge bar late on Friday, March 8. Security footage captured him walking near First Avenue on Gay Street shortly before 10 p.m. Despite efforts by his friends to locate him using his last known Snapchat location, Riley was reported missing the following day. His family managed to trace his phone’s last location to an area not far from the bar. Despite extensive searches by the police, including the use of a helicopter and an urban search and rescue team, there have been no leads. Riley’s stepfather, Chris Whiteid, shared that Riley had FaceTimed his mother with a friend from the bar, appearing to be in good spirits and not overly intoxicated. The family, residing in Springfield, traveled to Nashville to aid in the search. “He’s a great kid,” said Riley’s mother, Michelle Whiteid. “We miss him terribly and just want him back.” The police have urged anyone with information to come forward. The ongoing investigation is still classified as a missing person case, with no indication of foul play, according to MNPD Sgt. Robert Nielsen. A vigil was held in Riley’s hometown last week, and the University of Missouri has been in constant communication with his family, offering support and counseling resources to the community. “The safety of our community is our top priority,” stated Angela King Taylor, interim vice chancellor for Student Affairs. “Our thoughts are with Riley’s family as we continue the search, and we’re ready to provide any assistance needed.”